Even though fall doesn't start for another 2 weeks, Labor Day weekend always seems to feel like the end of summer(except our heat doesn't end for at least another month). This summer has been a very busy and productive one I must say. For the past three months my mom and I have been very busy kitting for Creative Escape. On average we would get together at my house 3 or 4 nights a week and spend about 2 1/2 hours kitting for what was one of my favorite CE projects. Heidi Lynn taught a 12x12 calendar class which included 5 pages at CE this past weekend and we kitted the other 7 months times 700. Yes, that is 4,900 kits. We then had to make a package which included one of each of the pages. So that made a total of 5,600 kits. We are crazy I know!!! By the end of the project I had 90 boxes covering my kitchen and front hallway. This picture below is only a small amount of boxes. (Let’s just say, I'm glad to have my kitchen back)

Ben and I also got away for 4 days for our birthday back in July. We went over to CA for a little vacation. I had never been to Disneyland before, and was dying to go (even though Ben said I would be disappointed, I had to find out on my own). All I got out of the 2 days at Disneyland was...
1) We do not have to return for at least 10 years, until we have kids
2)A blister on my heel
3)A chewy churro (I thought they were supposed to have the best)
4)A few pictures that didn't come out so great
5)A headache from riding the jerkiest (if that’s a word) rollercoaster (Mulholland's Madness)
6)I did enjoy a few of the rides and that we had CA Adventure to ourselves for the first 2 hours the park opened
Ben, I should have listened to you!
After Disneyland was out of the way, we had a much better time. We went to the beach to see the sunset, Marina del Ray to see the sailboats and have lunch, the Crystal Cathedral (my favorite stop of the trip), an outside mall, Seal Beach, and a lot of driving around.
I also went to Chicago for the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) This is where new product for the second half of the year is released. We bought what seems like a brand new store worth of product. The show went on for 3 days and in the evenings we took advantage of being in another town. On Friday night, a few of us went down to Navy Pier. My pictures were not coming out great and Joey was taking enough for all of us, so this is all I have for now.


and last but not least, was this past weekend at Creative Escape. Most of you know what this is, so i will not go into details. But this year was alot of fun! Unlike last year, I did have breaks where I wasn't working and was able to enjoy the excitement of the event. It is so much fun to see 600 women and the passion they have for scrapbooking their family memories. The store was once again a hit! Oh, how I love the job I have. These pictures were taken from the osite store at CE.


and so that is what my summer looked like!











6 comments:
wow! what an adventure filled summer! i enjoyed reading this post! you are such a busy, hardworking, awesome, amazing girl. it's truth.
aren't you glad it's over...at least until next year?what a fun, busy, exciting summer! i love working with you...i can always count on you to laugh at my dumb jokes! thanks...love ya!
Hey Julie! Remember me? Your ol' friend, Liz? Seeing your blog has really made me miss working at SBetc. Do you think Marti would hire me again? Like, for a real job now that I'm a big girl with accounting and administrative work experience behind me? I want to work with everyone again and I miss being creative!
Lorraine! i didn't know she was there! wow julie, that's A LOT of kits you made! i bet you're REALLY happy to get the boxes out of your house! next time you try out an amusement park, i recommend knott's berry farm! i loved it! no lines, fun rides!
Looks like you had a really fun summer! CE looked like it went well! Sorry Dinseyland was not that fun...I bet when you have kids it will. It was fun seeing you girls last week, I miss you girls!
Oh, I love those girls... All of ya! I had fun, but I'm sure I would've have MORE fun with your crew. Glad it went as well as it did. Best of luck to next time Julie! :0)
Post a Comment